Arrive by 7:45 a.m. in Cent 157
Tab Room (Turn in judges’ packets here) – TMH 104
Cell Phone numbers will be emailed out. We will need to have our cell phones on all day.
1. Hand out packets to each judging team in your area. Check each name off the list so we will know who has not come. Make sure to write down any changes/corrections you make during the check-in process. This helps have an accurate record should there be any problems/disputes later on…
2. Each packet contains the “Information to Judges” applicable to their area of judging. Please make sure you have read this and are familiar with it as well!
3. When you check on the judges initially, probably around 8:45, double check they have read through their “Information to Judges” and understand their critique sheets and how to fill in the awards’ assembly sheet. It is very important they understand their critique sheet! Please stress to the judges the importance of correct math! Encourage them to use calculators/phones to double check addition.
4. You will have the most updated group schedule, if it applies to your area. The most current schedules should also be posted at the rooms. Please remind judges that students may have conflicts with cross entries – especially when pass auf factors in – and to be flexible with working out alternate times with students. If students miss their scheduled time and have not made an attempt to let the judges know BEFORE their scheduled performance time, the students are not guaranteed the opportunity to still perform.
5. Check on each of your event rooms at the beginning when the events begin, and then check every half hour or so to be sure things are going well. See if there are questions or if anyone needs anything.
Be aware of your judges, and make sure they do not disqualify any students without first talking to you about it. Whenever in doubt, contact the director.
Feb. 10, 2017
State online registration due by 11:59 p.m. in order to qualify for early-bird price of $10 per student. Online registrations submitted after this point incur the regular registration fee of $12 per student. Also, deadline to apply for the Mary El-Beheri Memorial Scholarship.
Feb. 10, 2017
Mary El-Beheri Memorial Scholarship applications due
Feb. 17, 2017:
State online registration due by 11:59 p.m. (regular deadline). Also,postmark deadline for State payment, regardless of whether you completed your online registration by the early-bird or the regular deadline.
Feb. 25, 2017
Texas State German Contest, Texas State University, San Marcos
Mar. 10, 2017
Gail Cope Scholarship applications due
April 30, 2017
Teacher Grant applications due
February 24, 2018
Texas State German Contest 2018
Texas State German Contest Director
Sprachfest/TSGC Mailing Address
Texas State German Contests, Inc.
PO Box 2043
Boerne, TX 78006
Kayla Hill & Dr. Ewa Siwak
Dept. of Modern Languages
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666